19/11/2018 - 09.00 - 13.00
Python is a very versatile programming language that has a wide range of applications. This training concentrates on interaction with the operating system, the file system, other applications and the network. This is useful for systems programming, but also when you want to use Python as a coordination language for your workflows.
Subjects and Python modules that will be covered:
- interacting with the operating system: os, sys
- interacting with files: os.path, pathlib, shutil, fileinput, tempfile
- command line arguments & configuration files: argparse, configparser
- compressing & decompressing files: e.g., gzip
- running & communicating with other processes: subprocess
- running remote commands using SSH: paramiko
Participants have programming experience in Python. Level: intermediate.
Other sessions of this event
There are no future sessions.